Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Do not have mustache or beard. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
hi i am 22 yera old and dont have beard and mustache ..what should i do

Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low testosterone.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
Beard and mustache grow in response to testosterone in male body.
There is a possibility that you have low levels of testosterone.

Please get blood levels of free and bound testosterone checked.
Based on the results, Testosterone supplementation can be given to you.

Let me know if you have any other doubt,

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Do not have mustache or beard. What to do? 15 hours later
hi...i went there for test but they are saying they cant do test without a letter which is from doctor and they asking which type of blood test i want ....
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you need a prescription from doctor

Detailed Answer:
Just XXXXXXX any doctor and ask for serum testosterone levels ( free and bound).
He can write and give you tests, which can be done in any lab.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor