question-icon

Do Nausea, Dizziness And Arm Numbness Indicate Stress?

Posted on Thu, 2 Nov 2017
Question: Hi , i dont feel very well, i have nausea, dizzyness, feelings of anxiety and muscle tension. My left arm feels as if its a dead arm too. Is this just stress ?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
All can take place in stress and anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although it is not possible to comment whetehr you have only stress o something else but I like to make it clear that all the symptoms can occur during stress. It has been stated in scientific literature that stress and anxiety can cause any symptoms of any body systems.

Having said this if you have significant stress due to one or another reason the symptoms of nausea, dizziness, anxiety and muscle tension can very well be explained on the basis of stress.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist