Do multiple abortions in the past have any effect on future pregnancy?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question:
Hello Doctor ,

I have some questions , me and my wife are expecting a baby and we are just married for about two months.

Actually I dint know how to ask it , its really really difficult for us , but nobody can understand it except a doctor .

My age is 34 years and my wife will be completing 30 years in coming july , we dint really planed for the baby and used to have protected sex except only once that is after 5th or 6th day of the end of my wife regular periods ,

then she missed her periods for about 10 days and we did test using home kit and it was positive and I was not really ready for that neither my wife , but I dint show it to her and shown like I am very happy , so that she should not be disappointed

now my questions are

1. Can we expect a healthy baby , since we have unprotected sex only once , does that health of the child depends on the number of time you did intercourse.

2. since its our first baby so everybody in family suggesting that dont do anything like abortion and all because it will harm us in long run , may be will not be able to conceive again in future , is that true ?

3. our plan was to have baby after 6 to 7 month of our marriage , this is like 5 months earlier , so can be able to have healthy baby in case we abort it after 5 months

4. this is third month running of pregnancy , till which month we can go for absolutely safe abortion with no harm to my wife .
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Baby will be healthy

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

1) Baby will not be affected and absolutely healthy.

2) One unprotected Intercourse is enough for child and one sperm is enough to fertilize egg.

3) It is better not to abort as we don't know of you can conceive again. Better to continue pregnancy. Moreover you both are 30 years old and not very young to wait.

4) Abortion at any month is associated with risk and there is no reason to think of abortion

5) 5 months early pregnancy does not matter. Don't worry about it. Continue pregnancy. Baby will be fine.