Do low levels of amniotic fluids during early pregnancy require medical attention?
If one has decreased amniotic fluid levels at a gestational age of fewer than 34 weeks, then there are chances that fetus can go into distress any time (indicated by Fetal heart rate and NST test) and then the preterm delivery is indicated immediately.
That is why it is recommended to give steroid injection if the patient has decreased amniotic fluid levels at less than 34 weeks gestation.
You can go for the second opinion if you are not satisfied with the treatment of your doctor.
Though steroid injection is recommended in this scenario.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Happy to help
You can get back to me for further queries by asking a direct question to me on this site, anytime.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Deepti Verma, OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medication to stop spotting or bleeding during early pregnancy
- Cervical fluid early pregnancy
- Leaking fluid early pregnancy
- Vaginal fluid during early pregnancy
- Progesterone levels during early pregnancy
- Low hcg levels in early pregnancy and bleeding
- Low hcg levels early pregnancy
- Low grade fever dangerous during early pregnancy
- Fluid gush early pregnancy
- More thyronorm dose required during early pregnancy