Do itching, dark discoloration and dryness around the nose area need medical attention?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 8 Mar 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have itching and dryness near my nose area and my skin near nose side became dark,I am facing this problem in XXXXXXX only but in other places, i don't have this problem please recommend some medicine and I am trying to conceive so the medicine should not have that impact
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid, moisturising lotion and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and it could be related to weather in XXXXXXX
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply mild topical steroid like desonide cream on the affected areas twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising lotion ( cetaphil moisturising lotion or epilyno lotion ) on the entire face 3-4 times in a day.
For itching take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime for 10 days.
These medicines won’t have any effect on your conception.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj