Do involuntary eye movements require consultation with a neurologist?

Neurologist
Question
facial twitching and blinking for a few years now has evolved into involuntary eye movements...looking out the side of the eyes with head turned then widening of the eyes...(my 8 year old daughter). She seems to not be aware of doing it. consult a neurologist?
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seizure possibility should be considered by a neurologist.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

Judging from your description I would say that a neurologist consult is necessary. Those symptoms may be manifestations of seizures so they need evaluation from a neurologist, EEG and brain imaging in order to start treatment if diagnosis is confirmed.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.

Follow-up: Do involuntary eye movements require consultation with a neurologist? 2 hours later
Thank you. We will ask her pediatrician for a referral for a nerologist. I hope it is not seizures. In other respects she is a "top of her class" student.

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome. Hope things work out for the best.

Detailed Answer:
You're welcome. Hopefully it's not seizures, but should be investigated. Even if they are seizures though keep in mind that in children it is not necessarily a diagnosis of lifelong epilepsy, often improve with age.

Let me know if I can further assist you.