Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Do i need medical help for burning sensation while I urinate inpite of being type 2 Diabetic?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Hi I am a male 79, over recent days I have a burning feeling when I urinate. I am a type 2 .diabetic. Do you think I need Medical help.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drink plenty of fluids... Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, burning sensation while passing urine is a concerning symptoms. It indicates presence of infection. But before you seek medical help, I would suggest that you drink plenty of fluids. You can also use cranberry pills or cranberry juice for its actions against urinary tract infection. You can consult the doctor for urine examination if symptoms don't improve. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor