Do high BP and severe headache from 2 weeks require immediate attention?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on Healthcaremagic!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your headaches could be related to the blood pressure fluctuations.
For this reason, I would recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure values.
Do you have any other symptoms like nasal congestion? This could indicate a sinus infection.
Where is the headache located? Is is like pressure type or throbbing?
What is your current anti-hypertensive therapy? Headache could be an adverse effect of many drugs too.
If the headaches persist and are not related to high blood pressure values, I recommend consulting with your PA for a careful physical exam and some tests:
-a chest X ray study
- a resting ECG
- complete blood count
- PCR, ESR for inflammation
- blood electrolytes for any imbalance
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid gland dysfunction
- fasting glucose.
A brain CT scan may be needed if the headaches persist.
You should discuss with your PA on the above tests.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 16 weeks pregnant headache tension high bp aldomet normal
- What is immediate cure for high bp
- Bad headache high bp during headache medications
- Done cortisone injection headache high bp reason
- Pregnant have high bp on adomet why headaches
- High bp with headaches what should be done now
- High bp immediate cure
- High bp bad headache tylenol recommended
- Does high bp cause headaches
- Headache due to high bp
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?