Do fever and persistent cough with white mucus require medical attention?
Yes, you should definitely consult doctor.
Yes, you should definitely consult a doctor and get done a clinical examination of the respiratory system and chest X-ray to rule out lung infection.
In old age, pneumonia is very common and can cause fever, cough with expectoration.
You will need an antibiotic. And for this, you will need a doctor's prescription.
So better to consult a doctor.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough mucus for 4 months treatment
- Persistent cough with white tongue
- Persistent cough with clear mucus
- Having persistent cough with mucus have asthama guide
- Persistent cough green mucus and sinus guide
- Persistent cough producing white phlegm
- Persistent cough with no mucus
- Drugs/medication for persistant cough
- Persistent cough with white phlegm
- Persistent cough with mucus and metallic taste