Do fetal pole and yolk sac show up in ultrasound with gestational sac of 8mm ?
Thanks for your query.
Your LMP is 7th XXXXXXX 2011, so your menstrual period of gestation is 5 weeks 3 days and your ultrasound period of gestation is 5 weeks 2 days . So it is quite normal. Your Hcg is increasing, it is also normal.
Some times fetal pole & yolk sac don`t appear clearly at such a short period of gestation even with trans-vaginal ultrasound. In such cases we recommend repeat trans-vaginal ultrasound after 7-10 days . In 50-60% of cases fetal pole ,yolk sac and even heart pulsation becomes clearly visible.
So dont be in hurry wait for 7-10 days, go again for trans-vaginal ultrasound. In the mean time take folic acid tablets or any other medicine recommended by your doctor.
I hope you will get favorable or desired result during the next scan.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,
“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fetal pole ultrasound fetal
- Irregular gestational sac with no fetal pole or yolk sac
- Well decidualized gestational sac with no yolk sac nor fetal pole seen yet
- Irregular gestational sac normal yolk sac and fetal pole
- Ultrasound shows no fetal pole what does it mean
- Well decidualized gestational sac with yolk sac but no fetal pole seen yet
- Gestational sac no fetal pole
- Gestational sac 0.4 cm only 3 weeks pregnant no fetal pole or yolk sac
- Gestational sac and fetal pole
- No yolk sac or fetal pole. gestational sac 6.5cm