Do dog repelling devices that produce high-frequency sounds cause damage to human hearing?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
I live in a neighborhood where there are a lot of annoying dogs barking all the time. I seen in the internet a device that is advertised to produce a very high frequency not audible by humans but audible by dogs. Supposely humans do not hear this frequency but dogs do every time they bark so eventually it forces them to stop barking. I am thinking of buying the device and leave it in my balcony to see if it works. What worries me is the fact that it produces high frequency sounds. Would this damage my ears or other peoples ears that are near the device e.g aprtment on top of me?

Thank for your time,
Christis
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Noise trauma

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Human ear can perceive sounds up to 20000 hertz only but sudden loud exposure to any sound can cause noise trauma.
Dog and pest repellers usually have hypersonic frequencies and these don't cause any side effects.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards