question-icon

Do chronic pain syndrome, severe mouth and jaw pain, and leg pain require emergency visit for prescription?

Posted on Fri, 31 Aug 2018
Question: I will run out of 10 /325 hydrocodone Monday. Out. 4 days early. Been cutting way down but best I can do I have chronic pain syndrome, severe mouth and jaw pain and leg pain. Will cvs or my dr prescribe early. Should I go to ER. Don't want withdrawal. Don't I have legal rights?jean
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You can get a prescription from your treating physician or from ER

Detailed Answer:

I think that you should visit the ER and request for a prescription. Your treating physician can also write it for you.

As a general advice, I can suggest you to try acupuncture as it has been demonstrated to depress pain centers of the brain. You can continue to take your ongoing treatment along.

Hope my answered is helpful.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha