Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
134 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Do chest tightness and coughing for two months indicative of lung cancer?

Answered by
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 2356 Questions

Posted on Fri, 13 Oct 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hello, I got an email from you this morning asking how I was doing. I emailed you a few weeks ago about my symptoms and unfortunately they are no better. I have been to see two doctors since. I still have this very tight chest, cough in the morning, constant need to clear my throat and feel bungled up with mucus. I feel I should get an X-ray after all this time. It's 8 weeks now. I'm worried that I have something seriously wrong like lung cancer or COPD?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic bronchitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but it seems that you are having an attack of allergic bronchitis .. I would recommend that you follow this medication regimen :
1) an antihistaminic as citrizine once daily before going to bed
2) a mast cell stabilizer as singular once daily for contionous 14 days
3) a bronchodilator as ventolin every 6 hours
if no improvement occur, then I would recommend that you get a ct scan of your chest to exclude lung pathologies..

I hope you find this helpful..
if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 42 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. I will follow your recommendations but I don't know what a mast cell inhibitor is or where I could get it? Is this medication available over the counter?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 19 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, Mast cell stabilizers are medications that control cells that cause allergy and inflammation.. unfourtanetly it is not available over the counter and it requires a perscribtion from your doctor. I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion ..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78...

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some...