Do blood sugar levels of 125 require medical attention?
21 weeks anomaly scan report is OK.And 16 weeks quadruple test report is also ok.
Some details. Diet, exercise, HbA1C, supplements?
First of all do not panic.
In my opinion, your wife's post-meal blood sugar levels of 125 mg appear quite within the range.
I have also noted about her anomaly scan USG and quadruple test for genetic screening.
I would like to know about a few things in detail.
Has she got her 75-gram glucose challenge test done?
What is the HbA1C level?
Does she have a family history of Diabetes?
What was her pre-pregnancy weight and how much is her weight gain till now?
What are the dietary instructions that she is following presently?
What is her exercise schedule?
What are the pregnancy supplements that she is taking currently?
Your concern about the rise in blood sugar levels and its effects on the developing baby is absolutely right.
High and uncontrolled blood sugars cause problems at various steps of pregnancy.
Now when she is approaching her due date, good blood sugar levels with I'll avoid various complications of delivery and newborn baby.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
She stopped sugar riched food. Her diet is ok. She has some problem of digestion.
Fasting below 100 and post lunch below 125 mg. probiotics.
As per WHO guidelines and recommendations, all pregnant women should be tested for gestational diabetes.
Suggested values are fasting sugar levels below 100mg% and 2 hours after lunch levels should be below 125 mg%.
I will suggest you continue with her diet and exercise regimen and current line if treatment. Weekly checkup of fasting and post lunch sugar levels is advisable.
Controlled sugar levels will help to prevent various complications during the later period of pregnancy and delivery.
Secondly, for her digestion issues, I will recommend the use of probiotics like Vibact DS once a day for 20 days. Use of curds, yoghurt and buttermilk are proved to be useful.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- At what level of blood sugar is insulin required
- Blood in urine does it require medical attention
- Diabetic patient high alkaline phosphate levels esr medical attention required
- What temperature requires medical attention when pregnant
- Does fluid in the arms require medical attention
- Coughing sneezing vomiting episodes medical attention required
- Severe migraines high blood pressure medical attention required
- Is immediate medical attention required for loss of memory
- Is attention required if sick when after zpak medication
- For dark bown urineis medical attention required
- What does my follicular study report indicate?
- What is the ideal time frame for taking emergency contraceptive pills?
- Is Meprate safe while planning for pregnancy?
- What causes throbbing abdominal pain after tampon insertion?
- Can Levonelle cause nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain?
- What is the possible weight of a 9 cm ovarian tumour?
- What does this thyroid test report indicate?
- What is Lupride injection prescribed for?
- What causes vaginal bleeding during ovulation?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and irregular menstruation