Do bacterial infections cause reduced semen quality?
I will send all my reports once i get response for this doctor is suggesting for IVF and doctor has confirmed that my wife can't be pregent naturally.
Please help me with this. we have gone for first cycle of IUI but it was failure.
i have attached report for refrence.
Thanks, XXXXXXX D
I am seeing that you have an E coli infection and it is sensitive to some very good antibiotics.I have also seen that you have undergone semen analysis and have seen the report.
Please tell me that whether you have taken antibiotics or not and if the semen was again checked after taking antibiotics.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I am taking antibiotics from 5 days and doctor has advised to take it for 15 days after that doctor has asked me to take test again
Is my sprem count less because of infection
According to me you should take antibiotics for at least 14 days and that through intravenous route.Yes, sperm count will start increasing after infection is cleared.You can go for semen culture after 14 days of therapy to see if the infection has been cleared or not. If cleared, then ok. If not extend antibiotic for one week more.
But according to me, you will get the positive result in sperm count after 3 months at least.So please wait for 3 months and then get semen analysis.Till three months observe these things as below:-
1) Avoid smoking and alcohol, maintain proper BP, sugar and maintain proper BP , sugar and thyroid leve.
2) Take well nourished diet and multivitamin antioxidant combination once a day.
3) Practice sex once a day.
4) You may take tab Speman 2 tab two times a day .
5) Avoid stress and start meditation .
If at the end of 3 months there is no improvement in semen parameters then go for IUI. As far as IUI is concerned, one cycle has a success rate of 20 to 35 percent and 3 to 6 cycles give a success rate upto 75 to 80 percent. If after 3 to 6 cycles your wife does not get pregnant then go for IVF.
This is genuine advice.Fertility centers usually push all patients to IVF for own interests. I hope you will get good results in 3 months and will be able to have babies normally.
Dr. Varinder Joshi ,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and spasms in the rib cage?
- Is Benadryl useful in treating hives on the stomach as a result of an...
- Is short-term memory loss indicative of a transient ischemic?
- What causes a sharp pain in the lower body midway between shoulder and hip?
- Are bite marks on the body at night indicative of insect bites?
- Is Mahacef or Zenflox more effective at treating diarrhoea?
- What causes a watery and yellowish-brown color ejaculate, reduced libido...
- What causes headache along with the bursting of a blood vessel in the...
- Suggest antibiotics to treat acute bronchitis
- Is compounding sterile preparations of CoQ10, Shilajit and PQQ legitimate?