Do antibiotics taken for PCOD affect the fertility levels?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello, I am 26 now. I took 3 unwanted 72 at my age 22. from the last year I am suffering from PCOD. So that I am taking medicines ginettes, estranon for recovery. I took ginette for 3 months and then estranon for the next 4 months according to a gynocologist. now I have stopped all the medicines for PCOD. Will these medicines effect my future pregnancy? tell me in details
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PCOD itself can cause a delay in pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant. It is not related to the unwanted 72 tablets you took earlier. The hormonal tablets that you have taken will help you in regularizing the periods.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome also manifests as excess hair growth on the body, impaired glucose tolerance and thickening of skin at some places ( back of the neck, under breasts ).
If you do have any of these symptoms you may need a little bit help ( medication ) to help you ovulate and aid conception.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
thank you so much for paying attention to my question. I have one more query that will these medicines like unwanted 72 (i took 3 till now) effect future pregnancy? I took these all most 4 years ago. and now i took medicines for pcod. i am concern about pregnancy now.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tablets will not affect pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The tablets taken 4 years ago will not affect the pregnancy. Please do not worry. Try natural conception for 5-6 months and consult a gynecologist if pregnancy is delayed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thank you so much for your kind attention..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.