Do a buzzing feeling and electric pulse sensation on toes suggest MS?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Lupus
Question: Hello. I have LIchen Sclerosus (asymptomatic for the most part) and I am desperately nervous about having another autoimmune disease. I was attempting to fall asleep tonight and had an extremely mild feeling of an intermittent electric pulse in the last 2 toes on my left foot and just to the left of my pinky toe. No pain at all. Just very mild buzzing feeling that was on and off - 1 second on, 1 second off, for about 30 minutes. It seems to have subsided. Any thoughts or MS concern? No other symptoms. I am a very healthy 44 year old woman (45 in 3 months) with a 5 year old and nursing 22 month old. I am tired from working and caring for 2 young children. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No I dont think there is any reason to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam ,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that whatever history you are giving is insufficient to make us think of Multiple Sclerosis . At this point of time the evidence is weak for the same but in future if you get similar complaints also involving other body parts there would be a point in investigating further then .

So at present we would just wait and watch .Any other issues please ask.

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist