Do Testosterone injections cause false positive tests for Cocaine?
false positive test--chronic drug intake
I can understand your concern and I am really feel sorry for the chronic health problems of your husband.
As such false positive tests for cocaine can be be seen in patients who take amoxycillin /penicillin group of drugs, local anaesthetics (except lidocaine & novacaine),diabetics, liver diseases, kidney diseases, coca intake & nti-psychotics (that too because of common metabolite factor).
There is no evidence that proves testosterone & hard-on pills will cause a false positive cocaine test.
In his case it can be due to sertaline (minimal chances of anti-psychotics & anti-depressants)
or due to deranged liver functions (possible due to chronic drug intake especially simvastatin).
Opiods (oxycodone, fentanyl) intake has no false positive cocaine tests.
Hope I answered your question. Any related doubts please be free to ask.
All the best, take care.
Dr sabiha banu (Anaesthetist, Pain & critical care specialist)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Testosterone injections and fertility
- Testosterone injections cause bumps in the the back
- Methadone testosterone injections
- Can testosterone injections cause oral thrush
- Trying to conceive testosterone injections
- Testosterone injections cause muscle soreness
- Testosterone injections the cause of uti
- Testosterone injections can cause constipation
- Testosterone injections painful throat
- Does testosterone injections cause acne