Do Siphene and Ovagrace help in easy conception?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello Dr. XXXXXXX I am planning for pregnancy .Got TVS done which shows everything normal and that my ovaries has multiple follicles.I asked my lab assistant and she told I do not have PCOD. I have irregular periods but have taken Meprate 50 mg. My Gynae says I am not ovulating properly.I have been advised to take Siphene 50 on 3rd Day of Period and also XXXXXXX of Ovagrace for 3 months.Kindly advise .
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Both Siphene and Ovagrace will help in conception.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Presence of multiple follicles in the ovary just after your periods finish is not in favor of a healthy egg release every month. Sometimes these follicles hamper normal ovulation.
There is no harm in going for an ovulation induction therapy- Siphene from day 3 of the periods for 5 days. Ovagrace is a supplement that helps in formation of healthy eggs. It is best to start the treatment as your gynecologist has advised even if there is no PCOD.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX From tomorrow I will start taking my Siphene for 5 days.And on Monday I have a follicle scan. I ma really worried. though I have reduced my weight and take ovagrace regularly.Rest TVS reports are normal. Anything to worry and anyother advise you can give me. I have been married for 2 years and now want a baby. Any clinic where I can personally come and meet you
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have a regular healthy diet.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You should follow these lifestyle modifications, along with Medications:
1.) You should eat Healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
2.) You should exercise regularly for an hour and maintain a healthy weight. Avoid high calorie foods
3.) You should avoid stress and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
4.) You should be avoiding smoking and alcohol
5.) Have alternate day unprotected sex between the 11th and 18th day of your cycle.
You can consult me personally at my clinic- details are available on my profile page.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 hours later
Thanks Doctor. I am doing all those which you suggested in your previous mail.

Two more questions:

My periods last for 3 days normally after heavy bleeding.And I will be starting Siphene today till Sunday for Five days. Can we take Siphene if we do not have periods?

Also, what time should I take Siphene ?and with water or milk?

I will scan and mail you my TVS reports on Monday FOR YOUR ADVICE.

Any other suggestions or Tips you would like to give me .

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
No. You cannot take Siphene without periods. It should be started from day 2 or day 3 of the periods.
It is best to take it with water on an empty stomach.
It is best to go for an ovulation study in this cycle and have regular sex according to the dates of ovulation.
Regards.