Do Probiotics cause cellulitis?
Probiotics are harmless
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
No, probiotics are natural intestinal commensals and they don't cause cellulitis. Probiotics help restore the depleted intestinal bacteria while on oral antibiotics.
Recurrent cellulitis can be due to causes like uncontrolled diabetes, immunodeficiency, malignancy and chronic diseases.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body