Do Meftal P and Calpol help in treating fever in children?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Child Health
Question: Hi, My daughter is suffering from high fever from morning... She is 17 months old and she is around 11 kilogram... Our doctor suggested us to use Meftal-P if the fever is 102 and above. I gave my daughter Calpol of 3.5ML little while back.... Need your suggestion..
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The interval between dose of calpol and Meftal P does not matter

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Most often fever in children is due to certain viral infections. Irrespective of the cause, the temperature needs to be brought under control either with the use of medications or by tepid sponging. Meftal P is more effective than Calpol and would help in controlling the fever. Its dose timing is independant of the dose of Calpol and so you can give it without worrying.

Dr. Diptanshu Das
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician