Do Lexapro,Lipitor and Somac affect sperm motility?
By treatment seminal parameters can improve
Thanks for the query.
Lexapro may not affect the seminal parameters but that can affect the libido.
Lipitor can affect the seminal parameters according to few studies but there are no large number of studies to come to one conclusion.
Somac may not affect seminal parameters.
By taking antioxidants with nutritional supplements, seminal parameters can be improved.
So you discuss these things with your doctor and follow his advice.
Rule out possibly of seminal infection.
Varicocele can affect the seminal parameters. As you had previous history of Varicocele, better to get examined to rule out the recurrence.
Natural conception may possible with present seminal parameters but by taking treatment for few months, seminal parameters can improve and the possibility of natural conception can increase.
If artificial reproductive methods to be choosed, intra uterine insemination is better option for present seminal analysis.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Would it be possible for natural comception with my present parameters if I don't take any treatment for a few months?
I will also check for seminal infection when i visit my doctor next week
Treatment improves the chances
If beta hcg levels in blood test come above 25mIU/ml, that can be considered as positive pregnancy test.
Beta hcg levels should be repeated in every 48 hrs to diagnose the viable pregnancy.
After five completed weeks of gestation, ultrasound can be done to detect the gestational sac.
Though chances are some what low, natural conception is possible with your present seminal parameters.
If you start taking treatment from now onwards, that can improve the chances of pregnancy.
Thanks very much for your assistance. What treatment would you advise me to take to improve my seminal parameters? (You previously mentioned antioxidants with nutritional supplements). I will discuss with my GP before taking any treatment but would like to research your recommendations before seeing him next week.
I also drink 3 to 4 double expresso coffees on a daily basis and had a double expresso prior to doing the sperm analysis. Could this have affected the test?
Could a reduction in Lipitor and Lexapro possibly improve my seminal parameters?
In addition to my above 3 questions, my wife had another blood test today and they are concerned by the results below:
27/06: HCg hormone 4.8
01/07: HCg hormone 21
They want to monitor her levels closely and are concerned that the HCg hormone is not increasing fast enough. Could my seminal parameters have caused this issue because they not strong enough to swim?
Have a good evening.
Antioxidants and nutritional supplements
Yes. Antioxidants and nutritional supplements can improve the seminal parameters like motility, count according to few studies.
In our hospital we usually prescribe tablets like Oligoforte, Popson etc.
For abnormal morphology, structural causes like varicocele etc should be ruled out.
So, consult local XXXXXXX and follow his advice.
Drinking more than three cups of coffee per day can affect seminal parameters according to few studies.
For more details:
Decreasing the intake of drugs mentioned by you may improve the seminal parameters, but you have to take advice from your doctor before doing so.
Beta hCG levels between 5 to 25 mIu/ml are inconclusive of pregnancy.
Periodic followups are needed to come to one conclusion.
There are no sufficient studies regarding the role of sperm quality in continuation of pregnancy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diclofenac affect on sperm motility
- Hand practice affect for sperm motility
- Can hashimotos affect sperm motility
- Can terbinafine affect sperm motility
- Crestor affect on sperm motility
- Hpv affect sperm motility
- Does electric shock affect sperm motility
- Benzocaine anesthesia affecting sperm motility
- Can tonsilitis infections affect sperm motility
- Does bph affect sperm motility
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....