Do Kenalog shots cause an increase in appetite?

Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I received a kenalog shot this past Wednesday and was wondering if it can cause an increase in your appetite?
Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I am Dr.Barani and I am pleased to assist you.

Kenalog contains triamcinolone.
And yes, kenalog is known to cause increase in appetite.

Dr.Barani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

Recent questions on  Triamcinolone

I have a bacterial skin infection and was using Clindamycin phosphate lotion as suggested by my doctor. The itching had stopped completely but the...

Over the last year or so I've noticed a rash under the arms. Predominately under the left arm. It is black in color but does not itch. I am...

I was directed by a doctor to use TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE OINTMENT 0.1% on a dry scally area on my ankle and it basically burnt the area such that...

Hello, I think I have three spots of ring worn on my head. I have been to the Dr and he gave me Triamcinolone Acetonide Lotion, USP 0.1% ..... He...

I just noticed these spots under my armpit a few inches. It is slightly itchy. Its only here, no where else on body. I recently used a tanning bed...

I have had some anal itching for a couple of weeks and this is not common for me. My stools are normal and I did eat some hot foods. Also a few...

very itchy coccyx that wont go away.