question-icon

Do Janumet and Dibeta-SR help to stabilize glucose levels?

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: Is janumet better or diabeta sr
Answered by Dr. Niranjan G (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Janumet is sitagliptin plus metformin.

Detailed Answer:
Dear friend , greetings from HCM .

I understand your concern. Janumet is having one insulin sensitizer with metformin that is sitagliptin. But if your glucose levels are controlled with just Diabeta S R that is metformin alone it is not needed to take janumet

Kindly check your fasting , post prondial glucose and HbA1c also microalbuminuria. Later we can decide if you need janumet of just metformin is sufficient.

Please do remember that lifestyle changes that includes the dietary management and physical exercise is the key to mange sugar levels.
Thank you for contacting me and do write us for more

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Niranjan G

Diabetologist