question-icon

Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?

Posted on Wed, 16 Apr 2014
Question: Hello Doctor, I am 35yrs old. I have got two kids, and both of my deliveries were through c-section. During my second c-section, I got tubectomy done. It happened in March-2013. I want to know if I need to use any contraceptives.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer: no need of contraception now. Detailed Answer: Hello mam, tubectomy is a method of permanent sterilization and people get it done when they complete their family. There is no need of contraception of any kind once you are tubectomised. Just keep a watch over your periods and ensure their regularity and in case you miss (remote possibility), then visit your gynecologist. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN