Do HCG drops affect the effectivity of emergency pill?

Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi does hcg drops affects the effectivity of emergency pill.. Because i take hcg drops last XXXXXXX but i already stop it for almost one month do you think it will affect the effectivity of nordette? Because i take nordette last monday 7hrs after unprotected intercourse and i was fertile that time
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, it is not likely to effect.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
There is no recognized effect of hCG drops on the efficacy of Nordette pills & you have already stopped it one month ago.
However, will it be effective or not will depend on the dose you took. Even the correct dose is not always effective.
You should be taking birth control pills regularly or use any other regular birth control method if you are not ready for a pregnancy rather than using it as a morning pill.
Hope I have given you the desired response.
Best of luck.