Do HCG drops affect the effectiveness of emergency pill?

Dr. Madhuri N Bagde

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi does hcg drops affects the effectivity of emergency pill.. Because i take hcg drops last XXXXXXX but i already stop it for almost one month do you think it will affect the effectivity of nordette? Because i take nordette last monday 7hrs after unprotected intercourse and i was fertile that time 
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it will not affect nordette

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM,

I understand your concern. Please do not worry. HCG does not stay in the body for so long. Most of the time it disappears from blood 48 hours after stopping the drops. In a few cases it may take longer, but still at the most 1 week. So it will not have any effect on nordette.

Please do not worry at all.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist