• question-icon

Do Flu shots give protection towards all the viral infections?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi! My son is one year old. He had 2 flu shots for this flu season. The first was in mid october and the second was in mid november. We have had a late flu season. It is now late march and flu rates are high in my area. My son currently has a sinus infection and was potentially exposed to the flu today. My question is this -- i know flu shots are only temporary... Would he still have protection four months after receiving the shot?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Protection of the shots still lasts

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

Let me assure that four months after his flu shot your son will have the protection. However, not all respiratory infections are caused by influenza virus and therefore he would not be immune against the other causative agents.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician