Do ESR levels of 29 require medical attention?

Apr 2015

Hello , my sister is 29 yrs old. Recently she came to know that her esr is 29 ??? Is this serious problem?? Plz help me regarding this..
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a serious problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

Her ESR is slightly high. It can be due to anemia or infection or non specific cause.

If she doesn't have any symptoms then nothing to worry. If she has any symptoms then please tell me about that.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Follow-up: Do ESR levels of 29 require medical attention? 22 minutes later
Sir , she has been experiencing a continuous blood flow since last two yrs ...

She has recently got check up then her reports are telling that her esr is when we go through net it is written over their some serious problem like cancer this true???
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No it's not like that.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
Her high ESR is due to anemia most likely.

In cancer ESR is very high. Your ESR is only slightly high so by only ESR no one can say it is cancer.

But she should investigate for blood loss.It may be due to some other reason.

Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health