Do Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole take long to act while treating diarrhea and appetite loss?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had stomach disorder for 4 to 6 weeks, extreme diarrhea, lack of appetite and when i eat or drink anything it goes straight thru, went to my Primary Care doctor and he said i have a bacterial infection so he gave my 2 different medicines to take ciprofloxacin hcl 500 mg and metronidazole 500mg started Monday and symptoms are the same ? I have enough medicine for 7 days, should i finish are call doctor back ?
So should I quit what I am taking now ?. and how do I handle that with my PCP ?
You did a colonoscopy on me 2 1/2 months ago and said my bowels were not fully cleared and suggested that I have another one several months down the road. Dr Groff is my PCP so how do I handle this, I am on Texan Plus supplemental so cost should not be a problem.
Thank You
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
For dealing with your PCP best way is to discuss the answer given by me with your doctor.If he would be convinced he would give you a prescription ither wuse you ask him hus opinion if he is not convinced.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana