Do Atenolol and Pradaxa for atrial fibrillation get concentrated in semen?
The medicines are not concentrated in semen
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Atenolol is almost exclusively excreted by the kidneys and is unlikely to get concentrated in semen.
2. Pradaxa (dabigatran) a blood thinner is eliminated primarily in the urine and is also unlikely to be concentrated in semen.
3. Atenolol and Pradaxa will not be concentrated in the semen to cause any serious concern during vaginal or oral sex and it is not possible for the medicines to reach your blood stream.
Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Forced coughing atrial fibrillation
- Hydrocodone and atrial fibrillation
- Flaxseed and atrial fibrillation
- Spicy foods atrial fibrillation
- Marijuana and atrial fibrillation
- Weight lifting and atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- Clexane prophylaxis for atrial fibrillation
- Numbness feet atrial fibrillation
- Headaches and atrial fibrillation