Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Dizziness, unable to work, imbalance when standing or sitting. Whom to consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 349 Questions
From yesterday i have suffering from dizziness. I am unable to work properly. In seating as well as in standing i will some sort of unbalance. I googled something for vertigo and did two-three manual check-up i.e. stand straight with closing eyes, try to put your finger at the nose, but nothing went wrong all are the perfect for me. Kindly tell me to whom i should consult, means, specialist.Kindly help me!
Thanks in advance
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 51 minutes later
Hello AAAA

You need to consult a neurologist at your place.

The balance of our body is mainly maintained by inner ear and cerebellum. The problem with either of them can cause imbalance. The doctor will ask you other details of the symptom like whether it is continuous or it comes and goes, any direction, position effect etc. And after examination he may ask for a scan of the brain.

You may also need ENT specialist opinion after neurology consultation.

If you have any more queries, I will be happy to answer.

Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor