Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Dizziness, confusion, headache, body pain, tingling in hands, eyebrow twitch. Is it because of not eating healthy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
i am a 24 yr old girl , i have dizziness and my eating habit is all junk and irregular , i feel disoriented , confused and head aches . iv body pain and my hands and legs feel tingling or circulation problem at times and my eyebrows constantly twich, i have terrible acidity also when i drink coffee or tea it becomes worse, please let me know if its just because of me not eating healthy or i have a problem. when i eat well i dont hav any dizziness or anything.
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 48 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Most likely your current problems are due to your eating habits. Probably you might be having nutritional deficiencies and gastritis due to your irregular, unhealthy eating habits.

Iron deficiency anaemia (which might be causing the dizziness), hypocalcemia (which might be causing twitching of the eyebrows), hypoglycemia (which might be causing the headaches) and tingling in the hands and feet) could be causing few of your symptoms. In addition coffee and tea are known to cause / worsen gastritis.

I would suggest you to change your lifestyle. Eat healthy food regularly and do regular exercise.
Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Have a well balanced meal with cereals, pulses, milk, eggs, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, dry fruits like dates, etc.
Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
Regular exercise for 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week.
Since you seem to be prone to gastritis avoid junk food, chocolates, XXXXXXX fried, fatty foods, tea, coffee, carbonated beverages, etc.
Antacid such as Syp Gelusil 5ml before food thrice a day can give added benefits to you.

Even after following the above said measures, if the symptoms persist, please visit your physician who might do a couple of blood investigations like complete blood picture including hemoglobin to rule out Anaemia, serum calcium levels, vitamin B12 levels, fasting blood sugar and post prandial blood sugars (FBS and PPBS), etc.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further queries, I will be happy to answer them.

Have a great day. Eat healthy and stay healthy.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor