Discomfort in abdomen after having regular meal. What does it indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: For the past week I have been feeling full(discomfort in abdomen) after a regular meal. About 5 days ago I started having a mild itch on many parts of my body. Any clue?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need proper exam and investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy,ECG in all leads,Further investigations may be done if needed. It seems that problem is due to gastric ulcer.You should consult gastroenterologist. Ultrasound of abdomen will exclude many conditions. Treatment can be done after proper clinical examination and investigation reports. At present you can take tablet pantoprazole (40 mg)once daily before food for six weeks. Itching may also be due to many reasons.At present,you can take tablet levocetrizine once daily at night for 10 days,if you don't have skin lesions.If you have skin eruptions then you should contact dermatologist. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX