Discomfort due to reddish lump on the scrotum. Causes?
It is a scrotal mass.
Thanks for the query.
I would like to have more information, since I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:
1. Do you have any pain or heaviness in the scrotum?
2. Does it radiate throughout the groin, abdomen or lower back?
3. Do you have tender, swollen or hardened testicle?
4. Is there any Nausea or vomiting?
5. From how long is it present?
You are a having a red lump in your scrotum, if the area is infected then there will be symptoms of fever, urinary frequency, pus or blood in the urine. There might be a possibility of it being a mass.
There are many causes that cause this like Spermatocele, Epididymitis, Orchitis, Hydrocele, Hematocele, Varicocele, Testicular torsion, carcinoma.
There is more probability of it being a Spermatocoele known as a spermatic cyst or epididymal cyst, it is typically painless, noncancerous (benign), fluid-filled sac located in the scrotum, usually above the testicle.
If you develop any sudden pain in your scrotum it is better to see a Physician. Some conditions require prompt treatment to avoid permanent damage to the testicle or causing infertility.
Till then apply hot compression to the area and take pain killers like Tablet Tylenol 200 mg twice daily for 4 days.
I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rashes on scrotum
- Itchy scrotum causes mites
- Discomfort in testicle no pain or lumps cause
- What causes growing lump in right scrotum
- What causes lumps in scrotum area
- Itching of anus and scrotum sac caused due to
- Discomfort due to reddish lump on the scrotum causes
- What is causing scrotum to get bigger and causing discomfort
- Possible causes of discomfort in scrotum
- Low hanging scrotum cause