Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Discomfort around anal opening, red rash, pricking when walking

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
I have discomfort around my anal opening. Red rash with smaller red bumps. When I walk it feels like prickely... And I've been passing gas a lot more than usual. When I do pass gas there is no scent...and it provides comfort for a min.
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 2 hours later
Hello, AAAA
You are a young gentleman with this problem. You have been
passing more gas.I am assuming you are more constipated
than usual.If you have a red rash around the anal opening
and you have small bumps, that could mean you may have
small external hemorrhoids with surrounding irrtation of
the skin from rubbing using the toilet tissue. If you have
recently changed anything in the form of tissues or cleansing
agents such as a different soap, I would look into it.
In the mean time, avoid constipation,use stool softeners,
drink more fluids.
As for treatment, get a cortisone cream(High potency-10%)
and use it around the anal opening about 3 times a day
and sit in a warm bath for 20mins./day for a week or ten bdays.
If this does not clear it see a proctologist.
Wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor