Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Discolored raised spots on the penis. Not STD. Any suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I have some spots on my penis. they dont hurt, itch, or anything. Just dont look nice! I am 99.9 pct sure I don't have any std. I just can't understand. I've always had a nice looking penis. I don't want my sexual partner to freak out! Small, slightly raised, barely discolored spots. WHY?!!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The spots on penis you are describing appear to be Fordyce's spots.

The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland: normally, sebaceous glands are only found in association with a hair follicle. They are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They aren't infectious and are a natural occurrence on the body.

Vaporising laser treatments such as CO2 laser or electro desiccation have been used with some success in diminishing the appearance of this condition if they are of cosmetic concern. However, I consider this a normal physiological phenomenon and advise against treatment. Laser treatment can often leave significant scarring.

I suggest you not to worry about this condition. If you are still concerned about cosmetic appearance I advise you to consult a dermatologist and show your spots. Direct examination and seeing the spots by the doctor will help in accurate diagnosis.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available if you have any more queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Discolored raised spots on the penis. Not STD. Any suggestions? 20 hours later
thank you sir.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I am happy that you are satisfied by my answer.

If you wish me to answer in the future, please address your queries to my attention "Dr. Mahesh Koregol". I will be glad to address any of your concerns in the future.

Do not forget to close this discussion and give you feed backs.

Wish you good luck.

Thanks and Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor