Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Discoloration of skin patches around groin, pain from testicle to groin. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1973
Answered : 702 Questions
I have discolouration of the skin in patches around my groin. It is a yellow almost light bruise like colour. I thought this may be just from sweat or rubbing but there as also small birthmark like patches under my pubic hair where little rubbing of clothing occurs.I also have an ache near my right testical. It is not the testical itself but the tubes running from it and the surrounding groin area. This varies in amount of pain and changes from being specific to one area of the tube/veins? running from the testical, to being the who right side of the groin, sometimes down into the groin/hamstring and to the top right one inch from my penis.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. S. Jegadeesan 5 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The way you have described the patches in the groin and under your pubic hair favors the possibility of Fungal Infection. But you have not referred whether it is itchy or not. Usually the fungal infection is more common in that area and it is itchy. After touching and rubbing, where ever you touch, it can spread to that region.
It is more usual for those who sweat a lot in that area and those who are obese.

A careful examination of the affected region will confirm the possibility. If it is Fungal the treatment is:
1) Application of a combination ointment of anti fungal drugs may be useful
2) If you have itching Anti histamine tablets can help.
3) Proper hygiene of that area
4) Changing the underwear Daily

Regarding the scrotal pain, it may be due to an unnoticed injury or Bacterial / unknown etiology infection of the testes called as orchitis or epidydymo orchitis. Artery, vein, nerve, vas deferens are there in between the testes and inguinal region. The pain may originate in the testes and ascend up up to the inguinal region.

The following measures can help:
Don't allow the testes to hang, wear scrotal inner wear
Antibiotic and pain reliever
If symptoms persist ultrasound scan of the scrotum might be needed.

Best wishes for you
Dr. S. Jegadeesan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Discoloration of skin patches around groin, pain from testicle to groin. Cause? 17 hours later

Thank you for your reply. Please note the following additional information.

I am of a healthy weight range and do not sweat overly in the groin area. The patches around the groin area are not at all itchy and the skin is not raised of rough.

The majority of pain in the area comes from what feels like a cluster of veins behind the right testicle. I believe this may be the vas deferens. I do often wear loose fitting underwear but the pain in more specific then just a general pain caused from movement of the testicles. I have had this pain on and off now for over 12 months. I saw a doctor and had an ultrasound conducted in case of testicular cancer yet this was luckily found at the time not to be the case.

As this pain has continued, and become more often and worse I am now worried that something else could be wrong? Does regular pain in one testicle and the vas deferens area inform you of what it may be? I also on occasions have a numbness in the right testicle and around this area. Could this in combination with the discoloured skin be coming from something else such as a hernia or what else could it be?


Answered by Dr. S. Jegadeesan 2 hours later

Thanks for your follow up inquiry.

As the picture was not clearly displaying the groin area including the scrotum to arrive at a diagnosis, I suspected the common element Fungus.
Now regarding your problem, you have explained in an elaborate manner.

But to arrive at a possible diagnosis I need the Scrotal Scan Report word by word. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can mail me the report on YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Jegadeesan Subbiah'.

Expecting the report.

Dr. S. Jegadeesan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor