Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Discharge from penis, tingling, itching, taken Metronindazoleg

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
Sir i Had A Problem Of Leakege From Penis,Itching,Pin When Touch,Tingling During Day In Penis In July So I Undergone With An treatment of One Month Of Dr.Aroras.So After Completing Treatment Ill Not Cured Leakge Going On.So I Got ToAnother Doctor He Advise Me to Take Metronindazole For Seven Days i Take From Sep1-Sep8 So After That 20 Days No Leakge Is Going But From Yesterday Leakge Is Going On A Bit And tingling Pain Starts Again Sir What Is This Please Please Help And Cure It Why It Not Cured By Two Doctors Yet.....
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 18 hours later

Thank you for your query.

From your description, I could understand that you are worried about leaking from from penis.

As you have not provided the details of leaking fluid, I have drawn the possibilities as follows.

The leakage can be of two types.

1. Leakage of semen at night.

2. Discharge of pus.

The management differ with the type.

1. If the leakage of semen is there at night, which we call nocturnal emission. The reason could be inadequate masturbation. That means if you are not doing masturbation, which is a nomal method of attaining sexual pleasure or sexual intercourse, after some days, with the minimal stimulation by erotic thoughts, the sperm gets involuntarily ejaculated.

The management for this problem is adequate masturbation or sexual intercourse at regular intervals.

2. Discharge form penis.

The cause for discharge from penis may be due to infection of the penis. The management include

a. Diagnosing which pathogen is responsible for the infection - culture & sensitivity of the discharge
b. Diagnosing the cause for the infection - could be stones / blockage / smegma accumulation
c. Treatment based on the culture & sensitivity for bacteria / fungus.
d. Eliminate the cause of infection - Circumcision / removal of blockage / removal of stones
e. Supportive treatment using analgesics which relieves pain.

Let me know about the details of leaking fluid from penis to guide you more precisely.

Hope, I have cleared your doubt. I will be available for follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Discharge from penis, tingling, itching, taken Metronindazoleg 4 hours later
Sir I Single & Had Done Safe Condom Sex But Unsafe Oral Sex In July First Week After Two Days Leakge Going On I Ignore A Lot But After Few Days Iritation In Penis And Burning During Urine & yeloow Like Pus Leakge Going On Regularly.I Worried A Lot And I Consult With Dr Aroras Of Chandigarh He Says That You Have An Problem Of STD's So You Have To Take Treatment I Am In Problem So I Take So Much Costly Treatment From Them.This Treatment is For A Month.I Taken All Seriously But Afterward Leakge Going On.When I Talk Doctor He Always Says Dont Worry It'll Be Ok...
Then I Wait For More Days Then I Consult At Healthcare Magic Nomall Consultation Dr XXXXXXX From Healthcare Says Take Metronondazole For Seven Days You'll Be Ok.I Take That Too But During The Treatment And After 15 Days No Leakge Going On...
But From Last Three Days A Very Small Like Pin Drop Leakge Going On....
Sir Please Tell Me That Am Taking Wrong Treatment Or Else?.....
Why It Occurs Agin And Again?.......
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 20 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

The most common cause of urethral discharge are infections caused by Gonococcus and Chlamydia.

You may be benefited with Antibiotics like Inj. Ceftriaxone, intravenous/intramuscular from local hospital / clinic. You can also consider Doxycycline for 7 days.

You can get these medications prescribed from your doctor.

Meanwhile you can do a culture & sensitivity for the discharge at a recognized lab.

Even after this course, the discharge is persisting, consult an urologist or venereologist locally.

Hope this answers your query. I will available for further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor