Discharge from penis at random times. Taking workout supplements like testosterone booster createin. Reason?

Dr. V. Sasanka

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Hi, I have what seems to be a drip out of my oenis at random times throught the day, I recently started taking some workout supplements wich include testosterone booster createin and amino acids, could it be something I am taking. I haven't been sexually active in almost 6 months. This just started a couple days ago.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be semen, but rule out urethritis

Detailed Answer:
It sounds like you could be having a discharge of pent up secretions from your genital tract. This frequently happens in young adults after a period of sexual abstinence when they strain to pass a bowel movement, but in your case it is unusual that it seems to be happening at random intervals through the day. Therefore, there is just a possibility that you could be having an (bacterial/chlamydial/viral) inflammation of urethra which is the passage which conducts urine and semen outside.
Again, however, it would be unusual to develop urethritis without a recent sexual encounter, and thus if possible, I suggest that you get a few basic tests done. These include an examination of your urine, and a Stain of secretions if they can be obtained on a glass slide, and a culture of the initial part of urine stream. This might reveal any major bacterial infection, which should clear with a short course of antibiotics like Doxycycline or Azithromycin.
Hope I have been able to help you.