Isolated SGPT elevation is not of concern
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXX
I would like to reassure you first that things can easily be taken care off. I do understand your concern and apprehensions.
Anemia in this age group is due to contribution because of both childhooh physiological anemia
along with dietary deficiency of iron.
I would also like to reassure you about slightly elevated SGPT, in the presence of other normal Liver
function test, isolated elevation of SGPT is not significant and requires no further attention. It will reduce over period of time.
Coming to the diet advise i would advise the following
1. Substitute Jaggery for Sugar. Jaggery has rich Iron content and is helpful. Also giving her grounded groundnut and jaggery along with milk will be beneficial.
2. Diet Containing Ragi: Ragi Porridge or Ragi paste will be very helpful
3. Juice: Juice of mixture of Beetroot and carrots given willl be helpful
4. Avoid Diet containing maida(Refined wheat flour)
5. Boiled egg white is also helpful
6. Soup: Soup o green leafy vegetable like palak will be very helpful
7. Wheat Porridge or XXXXXXX or Lopsy : Whole wheat product also have good iron content.
Depending o your dietary beliefs you can use the above .
I hope it helped.
If you need any further advise anytime , will be glad to assist you. You can write directly to me.
Dr Deepak Kishore Kaltari
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon