Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Diarrhea like stuff coming from vagina for weeks. What could cause this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12613 Questions
Hi i have been having brown stuff that looks like diarrhea come out of my vagina for weeks now.. What could be wrong?
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
A diarrhea like stuff coming out from vagina is an abnormal finding and needs a medical attention. This could happen due to formation of a fistula. You need a direct thorough examination by your gynecologist for proper diagnosis.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diarrhea like stuff coming from vagina for weeks. What could cause this? 10 minutes later
Would I have to take medication for it
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If it is a bloody discharge and you are having your periods regularly then you might need medication to control it. If it is actually the fecal matter that is coming out then surgery might be needed. Further treatment can only be decided after a proper examination.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor