Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Diagosed with prostatomegaly grade 2. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
my father has prostatomegaly grade 2 , what should be done
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX thanks for your query.

Elderly male suffer prostatic enlargement.

The most common causes are

1. Benign Prostatic hyperplasia(BPH)

It is a Benign condition. It can be treated medically with Finasteride it there is no urinary retention or urgency of urine.

If there are symptoms then surgery of the prostate(TRUP) is recommended.

2. Carcinoma of the prostate.

It is common after 65 years of age.

You need to do

1. Biopsy
2. x XXXXXXX of the bones(To rule out metastasis).
3. Serum Alkaline phosphatase.
4. Prostate specific antigen(PSA).

to rule out cancer.

You need to consult an Urologist.

Hope the answer helps you.
Please to answer other queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor