Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with viral fever and body ache. Given reziz and sefdin. Urine culture showed ESR-47. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
my 47 years old husband has been diagnosed with viral fever. fever and bodyache started almost 2 weeks back. initially he was given one dose of reziz also to control malaria. first 5 days he was put on sefdin and p650. on 5 day there was a swelling and pain on touching and walking in his right testicle. we went in for a series of tests - CBC, BLD SUGAR, URINE ROUTINE AND CULTURE. all reports were normal except ESR WHICH WAS 47 (N 1-15) MEANWHILE he was put on augmentin 625 3rice a day, azithral 500 once a day and vizylac with sumo sos. gradually the pain n swelling lessened. FEVER HAS BEEN LOW GRADE BUT EVERYDAY. out of fear we also went in for an abdomen and prostrate ultrasound. it was normal. then went in for PSA (ECLIA) ... ITS NORMAL. this morning as he got up his visibility in the right eye is affected. everything is blurred especially on seeing against the light. our family doc whom we consult always has now given pyrimon eye drops and says nothing to worry. has also stopped all medicine except augmentin. he was also being given one antibiotic and one paracetamol injectible for 3 days, finishing today. A NON SMOKER AND DRINKER my husband is already borderline case of diabetes, gout, bp and increased levels of triglicerites. he takes one storfib145, zyloric, ramistar h5, ecospirin75, volix0.2. regularly. we are worried that this fever and localised infections may not be damaging something majorly. by the way he is a regular walker since last 30 years and a work aholic. are we missing out on something important? fever goes upto 99.8 each day. does not come down with any medicine or injection of fever, comes down on its own after 2 hrs or so. i dont know which specialist would be right for this condition. please advise. typhoid has also been ruled out.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later

Did your husband get the Dengue IgG and IgM antibody test done? Secondly, is this fever chronic or lasting from more than 3 weeks? Has Tuberculosis been ruled out? Has he been investigated for viral hepatitis? Are tests like HbsAg and HIV performed on him?

Please reply to these questions to give you a more specific response.

You need to XXXXXXX an XXXXXXX medicine specialist to solve his problem.

In my view, there is a serious problem in your husband, an infection somewhere in his body.

An experienced and medically sound doctor could diagnose and manage him well.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with viral fever and body ache. Given reziz and sefdin. Urine culture showed ESR-47. Suggestions? 1 hour later
he has been tested for dengue and typhoid. both negative. fever has been since 11 days now, tuberculosis or viral hepatitis, hbsAg or HIV not done yet. his doctors say we should wait till this sunday atleast as it will then be 2 weeks . His eye sight is now becoming better. i forgot to mention that he also has headache since yesterday. but bp is normal. cud you please suggest an experienced doctor in south Delhi. or anywhere in Delhi as we stay here.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later

I am glad the work up is done for Dengue and Typhoid and that they are ruled out.

Your husband does not have chronic fever. So, it must be just an acute infection which should subside soon.

Please get him tested for viral hepatitis, HbsAg, and HIV.

Yes, please wait until Sunday as said by his doctors. Give him simple crocin for the headache, as BP is normal.

Please XXXXXXX Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in Delhi. He has 32 years of experience in family practice.

The link to his profile is below.

I wish your husband quick recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor