Diagnosed with vertigo and took aspirin for neck and hip pain. What could be the reason for dizziness?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have been dizzy going on week two. I went to the doctor last Monday and they said it was vertigo, sent me to physical therapy and they did not diagnoss as this. Also went to chiropractor for neck and hip pain. Seemed to go away a bit until yesterday, hit me like a ton of bricks once again. I ate a sandwich and that seemed to help, took one aspirin and that seemed to help also for awhile. I am up this morning feeling dizzy again.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: ENT consultation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Since the aspirin has helped you for the pain in the neck and hip, I suspect it to be due to a inflammatory cause. You may have to get the affected parts investigated well with Xrays. Do get the xrays done which help to determine the type of the inflammation affecting them so as to plan a suitable management. Avoid aspirin as much as possible, apply DICLOFENAC gel over the affected parts. For the dizziness I suggest you consult a ENT specialist, only he can be able to diagnose the same with special tests. Medication like Betahistine would help to get rid of the same. Do get the diagnosis confirmed. Hope, I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 26 minutes later
can I get bethahistine over the counter?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing again. No, Its a prescription only drug. You have to consult an ENT specialist to get the diagnosis confirmed and get the medication prescribed. Regards,