Diagnosed with valve and carotid artery disease. ECG showed minor inferior reploarization. Treatment?
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
What you are referring to among the various lead generated waverforms in EKG, 3 are produced by Inferior surface of heart Leads LII, LIII, LaVf; some nonspecific (without any underlying cause which you have referred as aspecific) changes in T wave do occur in normal persons with perfectly normal hearts), 21/48/11 are axis degree for P, QRS & T waves of EKG and these are normal. As it has computer generated report it is programmed raise some suspicions like ischemia (coronary artery disease manifested by shortness of breath and chest pain on exertion) LV overload occurs in valvular heart disease and heart failure. All these conditions would have produced enough symptopms for you to consult a doctor. Admittedly you do not have (except for dubious flip floppy heart and lightheadedness; these changes are not capable of producing either. Personally, I think it is a variant of normal EKG and you have normal heart. Obviously, unless you have heart disease or you have high blood pressue there is no cause for concern.
If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
RegardsWith Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Marijuana and carotid artery disease
- Diagnosis of carotid artery disease
- Treatment and cure for carotid artery disease
- Symptoms of carotid artery disease
- Ayurveda carotid artery disease
- Diagnosis code for carotid artery disease
- Treatment for carotid artery disease
- Carotid artery disease causes
- What are the symptoms of carotid artery disease?
- Smoking and carotid artery disease
- Had lipoma removed. Taking amlodipine to control BP and diclofenlic...
- Depression and irritability. On beta blockers and lisinopril for...
- Shivers and vomiting white substance. Taken combiflam. Am I okay?
- Irritated throat in a smoker. Currently on citalopram for anxiety. Is it...
- Chest pains in the morning. Dr did ECG, all normal, gave Dexilant....
- Different blood pressure readings on both hands. Is it normal? Family...
- Hypothyroidiam, reflux problem, anxiety, shoulder pain. How accurate is...
- Tightness in calves, forearm constricted with red spots. Issue with...
- Done cholesterol test, prescribed Rosuvas. Worried about side effects of...
- Ankles swollen, vein swollen on forehead after a flight. Why did it...