Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

121 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Diagnosed with valve and carotid artery disease. ECG showed minor inferior reploarization. Treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Anil Grover


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 922 Questions

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Have been diagnosed with valve and carotid artery disease, ECG today showed flat or low negative t in avf 21/481/11' minor inferior reploarization, consider ischemia, lv overload or "aspecific" change. Heat feels flip floppy and I am lightheaded.. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
What you are referring to among the various lead generated waverforms in EKG, 3 are produced by Inferior surface of heart Leads LII, LIII, LaVf; some nonspecific (without any underlying cause which you have referred as aspecific) changes in T wave do occur in normal persons with perfectly normal hearts), 21/48/11 are axis degree for P, QRS & T waves of EKG and these are normal. As it has computer generated report it is programmed raise some suspicions like ischemia (coronary artery disease manifested by shortness of breath and chest pain on exertion) LV overload occurs in valvular heart disease and heart failure. All these conditions would have produced enough symptopms for you to consult a doctor. Admittedly you do not have (except for dubious flip floppy heart and lightheadedness; these changes are not capable of producing either. Personally, I think it is a variant of normal EKG and you have normal heart. Obviously, unless you have heart disease or you have high blood pressue there is no cause for concern.
If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
RegardsWith Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on Lightheadedness

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 27 year old female. I have severe constipation issues and have been experiencing constant pressure in my abdomen/chest. I have trouble breathing, frequent urination, light headedness, extreme bloating, gas, and i can feel/see my heartbeat in my stomack. I've been to a gi dr, and have multiple test ran, but w/ no end result. I also have weekly colonics to releive myself bc i always feel bloating and the need to releive myself. What should i do, or ask my dr to check? I'm at my wits end and need help

doctor1 MD

My wife has eaten a few hazelnuts and then, five minutes later complained of feeling light-headed. She then began to burp consistantly. As the burping started - the light-headedness went off. She felt a sharp pain in the chest which she says seemed to disperse into her breasts before going off completely, but no pain down her left arm down her left arm. She kept her colour and maintained normal temperature. Now, 10 to 15 minuters later she feels much better but is burping consistently, once every 5 or 6 seconds! Does this sound like a nut allergy (which she has never had before) or does it sound like something else? if so, what? With Many Thanks. Steve.

doctor1 MD

On and off for the past few years, I have had periods of queasiness that may last for 4-6 wks accompanied by light headedness or dizziness. A doctor suggested that I might be a coeliac but I have been gluten free for 2 weeks and many of the symptoms persist especially light headedness, I ate toffee today and feel wretched ever since??

doctor1 MD

The past couple of weeks I am havin the following symptoms

Lower back & abdominal pains
Fatigue ( literally can't keep my eyes open)
Increased appetite (never seem to be full)
More frequent urination
Light headedness
What is wrong with me?

doctor1 MD

Hello, i used the CLR cleaner to clean my sink afterwards sprayed it with bleach once the clr was washed away. had lightheadedness for about 15 minutes afterwards. The smell is gone and i feel better. Do i have anything to worry about?

doctor1 MD

I’ve been experiencing severe vaginal itching . Internal and external. Also, little white pieces of discharge in and out of my vagina. started bleeding this morning, 9 days too early for s period but it may be early. Also, I cleaned my ears and...

doctor1 MD

I am currently taking Trazadone 50mg for depression and sleep problems, Klonopin .05mg for anxiety disorder and essential tremors in my hands, and Nortriptyline for debilitating Gi tract spasms 50 mg. I have had a lot of dizziness and light headed...