Diagnosed with valve and carotid artery disease. ECG showed minor inferior reploarization. Treatment?

Dr. Anil Grover

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Have been diagnosed with valve and carotid artery disease, ECG today showed flat or low negative t in avf 21/481/11' minor inferior reploarization, consider ischemia, lv overload or "aspecific" change. Heat feels flip floppy and I am lightheaded.. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
What you are referring to among the various lead generated waverforms in EKG, 3 are produced by Inferior surface of heart Leads LII, LIII, LaVf; some nonspecific (without any underlying cause which you have referred as aspecific) changes in T wave do occur in normal persons with perfectly normal hearts), 21/48/11 are axis degree for P, QRS & T waves of EKG and these are normal. As it has computer generated report it is programmed raise some suspicions like ischemia (coronary artery disease manifested by shortness of breath and chest pain on exertion) LV overload occurs in valvular heart disease and heart failure. All these conditions would have produced enough symptopms for you to consult a doctor. Admittedly you do not have (except for dubious flip floppy heart and lightheadedness; these changes are not capable of producing either. Personally, I think it is a variant of normal EKG and you have normal heart. Obviously, unless you have heart disease or you have high blood pressue there is no cause for concern.
If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
RegardsWith Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW