Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with vaginal carcinoma in situ. Noticed gray mole on vulva. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
I was recently diagnosed with vaginal carcinoma in situ, since then I noticed a smaller brownish gray mole on my vulva, about 2 weeks later it disappeared just to reappear a week later. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have an appt with the oncologist tomorrow concerning the vaginal carcinoma, but it seems it has disappeared again.
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the photograph attached. The small mole that you have noticed does not seem to be related to the vaginal carcinoma in situ. Since the mole is disappearing intermittently, there is nothing to worry.
You only need to self monitor the lesion for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear it means it needs to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist or oncologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with vaginal carcinoma in situ. Noticed gray mole on vulva. Should I be concerned? 2 hours later
Thank you for your reply. My only concern is the appearance of this spot looks almost identical to how the lesion that was removed from my perineum started out, and that lesion was what showed up as the vaginal carcinoma. Being a nurse I think I get a little to paranoid but do you feel it would be appropriate to ask to oncologist to biopsy it for my peace of mind.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. You can ask your oncologist to do an excision biopsy of the area. This will remove the lesion as well as you will know the nature of the lesion too.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor