Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with tinea. Using oxistat cream. Should I go for different treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have been diagnosed with tinea XXXXXXX in my crotch area. I have been using oxistat cream for 2 weeks and its helping a lot itchiness is gone so as red lesions but the area is still slightly red with with spots. I sweat a lot but i do try to keep a good hygiene take a show twice with tea tree shower gel.
How long should i use the cream for or I should see a doctor for a different treatment? How long till the full recovery?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Local anti fungal creams like oxistat take 2 to3 weeks for full recovery.
Use the ointment for a week more.
Keep your groin area dry and don't share your towel with any one.
You may also put some anti fungal powder on the affected area in the day time.
Use cotton under wears.
You should be all right soon and there is nothing to worry,however some times oral anti fungals become necessary if fungal infection remains in spite of local creams.

Please do write back if you have some additional concerns.
I will be very happy to answer them.
Best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with tinea. Using oxistat cream. Should I go for different treatment? 1 hour later
At this point of my treatment can i go to the gym?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
If you don't have any discomfort now,there is no problem going to GYM.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor