Diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Part of thyroid removed. Suggested for chemotherapy. Chances of recovery?
Thanks for posting your query. I can appreciate your concern for your wife.
Please note that most thyroid cancers are very curable. In fact, the most common types of thyroid cancer (papillary and follicular thyroid cancer) are the most curable.
Depending upon the type of cancer doctor decides to remove the whole gland or part of it.
After this to treatment the remaining cancer cells, chemotherapy is advised.
Please discuss with your physician about this. Depending upon the type of cancer further guidance can be given.
I hope this helps.
Wishing her good health and speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid cancer and swollen taunsils
- Throat cancer and thyroid cancer
- Papillary thyroid cancer rash
- Itchy gums thyroid cancer
- Excessive burping and thyroid cancer
- Inflammation of the thyroid thyroid cancer
- Is a chemotherapy ideal to treat thyroid cancer
- Chances of thyroid cancer returning
- Thyroid cancer swollen tonsils
- Chances of thyroid cancer spreading