Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Diagnosed with sympathetic reflex dystrophy in right leg and scoliosis with degeneration at C5-7. What is the cure?

Answered by
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2366 Questions

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I have severe burning, tingling, in the bones of my legs. I have scoliosis at c5-7 with degeneration, and lumber scoliosis as well. I am obese, suffer from chest pain, migraines(weekly), since a cva in 2000. I have also been diagnosed with sympathetic reflex dystrophy in my right leg. My cholesterol is ok as is my sugar level. Heart disease and Cancer of the bowel, breast and pancreas run in the family
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that whatever symptoms you are telling give rise to suspicion that you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy . There can be many reasons for it . I will advise you to visit a neurologist for it . A NCV of both legs will be required to determine the cause . A Serum vitamin B12 level is also required . Till then you should take a multivitamin tablet after due consultation with your treating doctor. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Motor neuron disease

doctor1 MD

I have had severe muscle cramps in my left neck, shoulder and shoulder blade since 8/4/12. Nothing relieves the pain. I also have morphea with atrophy on the same side both upper and lower. Is this just related to that. I have an appt with a rheumatologist , but not til 10/4. Earliest available.

doctor1 MD

My sister has been diagnosed with als She us 69 and has led a very conservative healthy lifestyle. She exercised about 2 hrs a day... Bikeriding, walking, swimming etc. now, she can hardly get out of the house without someone helping her to the walker and down a ramo. Are there any clinical trials in the Memphis area or surrounding areas that she could be involved in?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I think I'm getting ALS! I'm in Iran and have a bad mother! My father died of ALS, and I think now I have too. I'm 25 years old. can you help me? I have fatigue, some fasciculation in some parts of body (for about some minutes), atrophy and fasic in tongue and...

doctor1 MD

Hello I just had a baby with full trissomy 18 and she was submited to a Transfontanellar ultrasound (is that the word in english?) that showed a mild generalized atrophy in the brain. What does that mean? Can she have an independent life? I imagine she ll have cognitive and motor problems becouse the syndrome that she has doenst have a good prognosis but with estimulation will she be able to do things by herself? Talk? walk? the douctor said, to her surprise, that she┬┤ve seen worst... and kinda let us belive that that was really possible in her case. Thank you so much...

doctor1 MD

right hand is weak. I drop things and its hard to grip onto things. I feel mild discomfort when using it. It shakes uncontrollably at times when doing certain things.

doctor1 MD

Hi i am a 29 year old xxxx. I have recently been having a little excess saliva in the corner of the right side of my mouth. Feels abit watery than usual sometimes when i speak. I did remove a wisdom tooth about 3 weeks ago and have had some dental...

doctor1 MD

my brother is 80 years old, healthy until a few months ago. He started having muscle cramping in his arms and legs along with weakness in his hands. Having difficulty holding a tennis racket.,glass. etc. His doctor sent him to a neurologist who...